The 2016 Easton MAKO TORQ Fastpitch bat is designed just like the 2016 MAKO Fastpitch bat but with a rotating bottom handle. The bat is a two piece composite bat built with Easton’s top shelf performance TCT to the stretching the limits to the max along all parts of the over-sized barrel. The connective piece, called the CXN, has been on the Easton design arsenal for several years and focuses on reducing vibrations and dampening the sting while keeping the good stiffness throughout the transition. This bat is really a top-shelf bat with unique features that make it stand above the others.
- Barrel designed using TCT (Thermo Composite Technology) that maximizes power and performance;
- Two-piece composite design engineered to maximize performance;
- CXN ZERO technology that kills all vibrations;
- TORQ 360° rotating design of the handle optimizes hitter’s skill and allows you to square off even the most difficult pitches;
- Revolutionary technology that enables you to take away the “pitcher’s pitch”.
CONSTRUCTION AND DESIGN:
The two-piece composite softball bat, barrel with enlarged sweet spot – it is all about giving the power to the hitters and maximizing performance. The 360° rotating handle is still very new, but it’s starting to slowly gain the supporters in the world of fastpitch softball. The colors have remained the same as last year: black and green we remembered well.
|Drop:||End-Loaded Mako Torq -9 and -8, Evenly Balanced MakoTorq-10|
|Certification:||USSSA 1.20 BPF, ASA, NSA, ISA, SSUSA, ISF|
|Barrel Load:||Balanced and End-Loaded|
|Grip:||All new TORQ TAQ Grip|
|Warranty::||One Year Manufacturer’s Warranty|
- Large sweet spots thanks to the unique TCT design of the barrel;
- Light feel while swinging;
- The CXN connective piece paired with two-piece design kills all the vibrations and gives the amazing feel;
- Revolutionary TORQ 360° rotating handle allows players to get the hands inside the ball and stay on the pitch plane throughout the swing;
- All new Torq Taq grip gives the hitter the amazing connection with the bat.
- The only downside we could highlight with this bat is its price. It is one of the most expensive bats around, but it is definitely superior in many ways.
2016 Easton Mako Torq Stats
This is a relatively new bat design and it still hasn’t reach full potential in terms of popularity among players. What makes the MakoTorq appealing to hitters is its massive sweet spot (one of the largest on the market) and rapid swing speed. The bat’s ability to blaze through the strike zone so quickly is thanks to Easton’s Thermo Composite Technology (TCT), which also lowers the amount of resistance experienced during the actual swing. However, what Easton MakoTorq unique is its 360 degree rotating handle. It allows hitters to improve their power and hit ever the hardest pitches. If you have weak spots at the plate, especially on the inside, the MAKO TORQ may be the ideal remedy.
Not what you are looking for? Check our review of Easton MAKO CXN ZERO Softball Bat