Engaging your upper body muscles like the chest, shoulders, and triceps (depending on the variation), push-ups are an excellent exercise that you can do without any equipment. There are many variations to this exercise, but now we will explain how to do the standard one. If you are interested, check the different variations here.
You want to be able to do push-ups in order to increase your strength and endurance and also build muscle mass and tone your body.
How to do standard push-ups:
- Get in a plank position, with your palms firmly on the ground, and core tight. Your neck should be in a neutral position.
- Lower yourself until you can nearly touch the floor with your chest. When you lower yourself, your elbows should bend.
- After you lower yourself, push yourself back up.
- Keep a tight core and a straight back during the duration of the push-up
- Do at least 10 reps for 3 sets.